The www.stormjar.studio website is owned and operated by Stormjar Ltd trading as “Stormjar”.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online and to protecting your personal data and working in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation.
This policy may change from time to time so please check it periodically.
It was last updated on 16 September 2022.2.
PERSONAL INFORMATIONAbout you:
You are a person who has done one or more of the following:
1. visited our website: https://www.stormjar.studio
2. subscribed to our mailing list
3. contacted us via email, or otherwise
4. interacted with us on social media, either directly or indirectly
5. submitted a CV to us
6. contacted us regarding auditions and/or has auditioned for us
7. attended one of our workshops, talks, campfires, lectures, keynotes, productions or events
8. purchased an item from our online shop / a ticket to a production or event
The details you provide about yourself and any information which identifies you such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, country of residence and credit and debit card details (“Personal Information”) will only be retained by us if you provide this information when using one of the services available on our website or subscribing to one of our mailing lists.
Personal information will be held on our database and used for operational purposes such as the processing of orders and for mailing list subscriptions.Information we hold about you might include:
1. information you provide us in an online or paper form (for example, your name and contact details, postcode, age, feedback about our work).
2. details of tickets you have requested from us and/or your attendance at our productions, guest nights, press nights or other events.
3. communications with us (for example, by email, or notes of phone calls).
4. information about your purchases, event attendance and interactions with our communications – including the information available through the services we use to do this, currently Mailchimp.
5. information you send to us by email, via our website or otherwise (e.g, information about your work).
6. your publicly available social media activity or analytics on you provided by social media platforms e.g. Twitter handle, posts and location.Personal Information will be held and used for operational purposes such as:
1. personalising your experience of our website and/or communications you receive from us.
2. managing our organisation effectively and continually improve what we do.
3. developing our relationship with you as someone who may want to collaborate with us.
4. informing future programming of events including better understanding of specific locations and tailoring work to specific audiences.
5. encouraging bookings for our events – according to what marketing communications you have agreed to:
6. to communicate with you about ourselves, our work, future shows, other fun stuff that we think you might find interesting, and opportunities to support us. This includes using your personal information to deliver personalised messages or advertising on social media or other digital platforms.
7. to communicate with you about upcoming Open Auditions.
8. to communicate with you about training and workshops.The Personal Information you supply when you join one of our mailing lists will be used by Stormjar to keep you up-to-date with events and activities we are hosting or producing.Although we sometimes will tell you about work from others, we won’t pass information we hold about you to them – unless you explicitly give us your permission.
In order to process a transaction, your Personal Information and card details may be passed to third party service providers.
Card details will only be used for the purpose of handling an individual transaction and cannot be accessed by Stormjar LTD past the initial transaction.
If you would like to revise the information provided to us at any time, or feel what we currently have on record is incorrect, you may update the information by e-mailing email@example.com.
Or alternately you can choose to unsubscribe from a mailing list directly from a Stormjar e-mailout.
We may from time to time ask you for further information in order to update our records or for particular purposes.
We will always tell you how we will use any further information received from you. From time to time we will need to send you our website and service announcement updates.
To tailor our communications and make our contact with you relevant, we use data supplied by you to help us decide which of our services and products to promote to you. If you have accepted analysis and advertising cookies we may also use your browsing behaviour on our websites for the same purpose.You have the right to obtain from us an electronic or paper copy of all Personal Information concerning yourself, or to speak to a Stormjar representative on any matter, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Stormjar Studio, Henleaze House 13 Harbury Rd, Henleaze, Bristol, BS9 4PN
If you decide not to use our services any further or to instruct us to cease using your Personal Information as contemplated in this Policy and notify us either in writing or by email as mentioned above, we shall destroy any retained Personal Information.
Every time someone visits our website a log file is generated on our computer.
The log file records the time and date of your visit, the files that were requested, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the referrer URL (if provided) and the browser version. We collect this information to help us diagnose problems and administer our systems and to audit the geographical make-up of users and how they have arrived at our site; that is, from what other sites have visitors arrived – this information being obtained from the referrer URL.We do not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that you remain anonymous even though we include your IP address in our aggregate information. However, we can and will attempt to use IP addresses to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our terms and conditions, or to protect our services and other users.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you contact us we reserve the right to keep a record of that correspondence. We will retain your data in line with our data retention policy unless you request otherwise, subject to their being no legal or regulatory reason for retaining this information.If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so. Similarly, we will disclose your Personal Information as part of a transaction whereby our company or business assets are transferred to a third party or if we are compelled to do so by law.
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only employees and approved contractors/developers we may appoint from time to time and who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information and all such employees and approved contractors are required to adhere to our internal Data Protection and Technology Usage Policies in place from time to time.Regular security reviews are held by us to ensure that the site remains safe and secure for your protection.Stormjar does not sell data to third parties or allow third parties to sell on data where data is shared with them.
SURVEYS AND PROMOTIONS
From time to time we conduct surveys and promotions and may request information from you as part of these. Participation in these is entirely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose any information which might be required. We reserve the right to keep a record of survey data on our database.
USERS UNDER 18
If you are under 18, please ensure that you obtain your parent/guardian’s consent beforehand whenever you provide Personal Information to the website. Users without such consent are not allowed to provide us with Personal Information.